Monday, March 1, 2010

MAC shadows vs. Coastal Scents Shadows

Hello!




As you know, I use both MAC eye shadows and Coastal Scents eye shadows.  Is one better than the other? What are the pros and cons of each? Well, here are the pros and cons of each (in my experience)




Coastal Scents Pros


1. Cheaper! 
2. You can choose the same colors in either shimmer or matte shades.
3. Highly pigmented
4. wide variety of colors
5. applies easily 




Coastal Scents Cons


1. Doesn't stay on long for me without a primer
2. Cannot customize your own palette
3. Cannot pick only a few colors of your choosing
4. Small amount of color for each shade
5. Must be mail ordered


MAC Pros


1. Professional grade makeup
2. Can customize your own palette or pick individual colors
3. High pigmentation
4. Stays on well even without primer
5. Bigger sizes per color
6. Available at stores
7. Special edition colors come out time to time
8. Discounts for professional users


MAC Cons


1. PRICEY! 14.00 per eyeshadow color
2. Colors sometimes get discontinued
3. Some colors are only available to licensed professionals






In the end, I prefer MAC, but sometimes I like Coastal Scents too.  It depends on what I am using it for, etc. They are both good brands in the end and it really is a matter of preference. 


A reminder- My Rainbow contest is on until March 31 and the winner gets a Coastal Scents 88 color palette either in Matte or Ultra Shimmer!




See rules here:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzec3rAVomA


Also please follow me on twitter! ObeyBeauty is my username!


I will have more contests coming up and I will be giving away things that I have either reviewed or have used myself!



Best of luck, and tell your friends about my blog!




Love, 






ObeyBeauty

Comentários:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 | ObeyBeauty | Por Templates para Você | This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com