Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Get the airbrush look... With a regular brush!

Hi everyone!


I am a huge advocate for airbrush foundation. I love the stuff, but sometimes airbrushing isn't practical or possible. Maybe you need a lot more coverage. Maybe you want to use the non-airbrush foundation you still have. 

You can do this with a stippling brush like the MAC 187 brush (which I have)




Ain't she a beauty?  The trick here is those white fibers. the black fibers give the brush fullness and keep the white ones evenly spaced which is crucial to the application process.

So how do I "stipple"? 


Stippling is a technique also used in painting, where you lightly dot on the color until you achieve the coverage or design you want.  With makeup it lets you apply liquid foundation without it looking like it (I have seen girls wearing liquid foundation and actually saw brush tracks in their skin, meaning it looked kinda like this in some places)



(A little exaggerated but this is what I mean by brush tracks)

Stippling foundation on allows you to create a light layer of color or more color when you need it. I have not made a video yet but I have found some good ones that show you how to stipple and what it looks like when you do.  The only real con I have about stippling is sometimes you need to use more liquid than you normally would, but not much more. 

Video links:   


                                                                                                                                            


I tried these methods for the first time today and I also really like the results! I will take pics of my skin with airbrush foundation and stippled foundation in the future. 


Have a great day and keep coming back!

Comentários:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 | ObeyBeauty | Por Templates para Você | This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com